Friday, July 08, 2005

Boy Howdy!

Dear Friends, Bitter Enemies, Undecideds,

Welcome to Howard Beale Street, my blog and alter-ego. Does that make it my blego? (And there will be puns.)

I here assert no authority beyond my own personal experience. I don't pretend to know any more about the way of the world than its current leaders. I understand the blogosphere needs a new addition like New York needs a new avant-guard theatre troupe. I feel your pain. Now you're going to feel mine.

You can look forward to intermittent postings about life, love, politics, religion, philosophy, country music (and the other kind), cinema, theatre and dance. If I left anything out, don't worry. I'll get to it eventually.

They say in cyberspace no one can hear you scream. Thank God. Like our friend the atom, these rants and raves will consist of mostly empty space. I never promised you a rose garden. Or ideas. Or insight. I just know that I can't keep my mouth shut any longer.

And so, Al Gore, thank you for inventing the internets. I'll sleep better at night once I get this off my chest.

No comments: